xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Bau" <david....@bea.com>
Subject Re: Hi All
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 00:55:46 GMT
Welcome Brian,

Glad you enjoyed the apachecon talk!   Nice thing about xmlbeans-dev is that
physical violence is impossible over smtp :-).  What areas of XMLBeans
interest you?

There is a bunch of stuff that could be looked into.  (And this is for
anybody who is interested in contributing.)

For example, does the validator interest you?

XMLBeans has a useful validator, but I noticed today that it doesn't seem to
be reporting line numbers for validation errors correctly...  Line number
infrastructure is in there but may have been dependent on Piccolo.  The
validator would be much more useful if somebody looked into the line number
issue.

And there is other interesting stuff that would make the validator more
useful.  For example, some folks sometimes say "it would be nice if the
validator reported a suggestion in additon to just an error". For example,
the validator currently reports messages like "element <a> not allowed
here".  But it would be nice if were somehow able to say "element <b> should
occur before element <a>" or "element <a> appears to be misspelled.
expecting element <A>".  Or that sort of "more useful" error message.

A bunch of various ideas for XMLBeans enhancements were floated by folks
after the talk at apachecon - I don't remember them all, but I hope folks
start subscribing here and will share the ideas on the list.

David