xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: is xml-beans java 1.4 only?
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 20:21:27 GMT
thanks. i'll stop trying to build it on a 1.3 JVM then :)

BTW i don't know if you've thought about a task done + todo list for the
website (to which stuff like this can be added). my experience on other
projects has been that these kinds of pages index very well by search
engines and so well worth the trouble. (since the list of tasks done and
to do are pithy - rather than verbose like user documentation - search
engines seem to index the contents better.)

users will (eventually) be able to google and (for example) find out that
xml-beans now supports 1.3 JVMs (say) but that support for relaxNG is a
low priority (say). when people search for an xml JVM 1.3 compatible
marshaller which supports generation from schemas (say), then xml-beans
will appear.

- robert