xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Getting the distribution onto a download site somewhere ...
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:39:18 GMT
My interpretation of all this is that we can (and should!) build
binaries as frequently as we like.  We can (and should) have filenames,
version numbers, and descriptions accurately reflect the feature
completion/code stability of the binary.  The only thing we need to
do differently from a full-fledged Apache project is add a token to the
filename (like Ted's suggested "incubated" token) and include a note
in the README.txt explaining that the project is still in the incubator
and what that means.

None of this should impact our ability to make binaries available,
whether the binaries include incremental changes (nightly builds)
or whether they represent major releases that are particularly stable.
We simply need to be clear that the code is not endorsed by the ASF.

Cliff