xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: FW: the incubator roles and responsibilities thread
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 18:28:14 GMT

On Wednesday, September 24, 2003 11:09 AM, Ted Leung wrote:

> As far as XMLBeans goes, we need to work on the community stuff and
> new committers -- those are the biggies in my eyes.  Today I'll be
> checking out the code and checking the comment blocks, etc, and I'll
> be able to cross off more items from our todo list.

+1, but I think making a binary download available from the site will
help a lot.  Might not make that much of a difference to those who are
already interested in XMLBeans, but for those who want to try before
they buy (in terms of build time, etc), I'm guessing it could help a
bit.

I think we've pretty much worked out the policy issues, we just need
to make a build, name the file (as discussed earlier), put it on the
right server, and link to it from the Forrest-built page that Remy is
working no.  Of course, as I'm writing this it occurs to me that I
offered to update the README file with the Incubator notice.  I'll
do that today.

Cliff