xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Cliff Schmidt" <cl...@bea.com>
Subject RE: Getting the distribution onto a download site somewhere ...
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:58:53 GMT
On Monday, September 22, 2003 3:19 PM, Ted Leung wrote:

>> IMHO, requiring to prepend a new XMLBeans release with
>> under-incubating-foo.tgz would somehow imply that the quality of the
>> XMLBeans dist has decreased in quality or robustness.
>>
> That was my concern, but the folks in the incubator are being
> difficult on this.  I think we should work to minimize disputes and
> work to try to get us out of incubation ASAP.
>
> What do others think?  Do you want me to go push back some more?

I don't think we need to push back.  We just need to describe the
technical qualifications of the code separately from the organizational
qualifications of the code.  The version numbers and other documentation
can reflect the richness and stability of the code.  The "incubated"
prefix/suffix/whatever can indicate that the project code is not yet
fully endorsed by the ASF.  I also think a blurb in the README file
and on the Web site can elaborate on this distinction.

Cliff