xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Eric Vasilik" <eric...@bea.com>
Subject RE: licenses for jaxb-api.jar and jax-qname.jar...?
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 00:38:12 GMT
I'll see if I can deal with these.  It looks like I can get QName from ws-axis.  Where would
one be able to get the jaxb api?

- Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: robert burrell donkin [mailto:rdonkin@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 5:15 PM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: licenses for jaxb-api.jar and jax-qname.jar...?

v1/external/lib contains two jar's which (at first appearance) may come
from sun. it's very important that all jar's which go into ASF
repositories are of known provenance and which have licenses which allow
redistribution. (the ASF repositories are public.)

can someone check where these jar's came from and what conditions they are
licensed under?

if they cannot be redistributed then they *must* be removed from the
repository ASAP. (and the pmc must be informed so that infrastructure can
take any necessary steps required to purge the jars from the attik). if
this is the case then the good news is that i'm think that web services
have some clean room implementations of these APIs so it may just be a
case of replacing sun jar's with ASF ones.

- robert