xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Remy" <dr...@bea.com>
Subject Getting XMLBeans distribution
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 18:55:47 GMT
I think we need to get a distribution for download off of the xmlbeans website now that the
website has been updated.  I believe we came to the conclusion that XMLBeans can do an incubated
release as long as:

1.  There is some sort of note is posted with the distributable that this is an "incubated
release" and therefore not sanctioned by ASF.
2.  The distribution would have "incubated" in the name of the file (e.g., incubated-xmlbeans-1.0.0.zip)
3.  The readme would contain the same disclaimer as bullet 1 above.

This is easy enough to do.  I have already modified the build to create the distribution with
the correct name.  It will be easy enough to update the website text and the readme.txt.

I propose the following language for the website and readme:  "XMLBeans is a project in Apache
Incubation and has not received full Apache Software Foundation project or sub-project status.
 Consequently this release is classified as an 'incubated' release and is not sanctioned by
the Apache Software Foundation."  I just made that up so I am hoping that Ted/Berin/Cliff
et al. will let me know if that is ok or needs revision.

Once we have that figured out where should I put the distribution?  In the xml subdirectory
on minotaur?

thx,
rem