xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Remy" <dr...@bea.com>
Subject RE: nightly build + gump for xml-beans? [WAS Re: download XMLBeans?]
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:55:59 GMT
yes it seems like a good idea to separate the gump build process with the distribution, one
step at at time, but we need to remember they are related (right?).  won't we use also use
gump to publish the xmlbeans binary to a mirror?

i don't see a problem renaming the ant target to dist.  note though that the current xkit
target does not have a dependency on build which I would think a dist target would probably
have (easy enough to change though).

regarding the yyyyMMdd format. from earlier emails it looks like the name of the distribution
should be incubated-xmlbeans-1.0.0.zip.  are you proposing incubated-xmlbeans-1.0.0.2003.09.25.zip?
 if this makes sense i was wondering
1) do you by any chance know whether there is an built in ant property for date so that I
can substitute that in the build script for the filename (there must be a simple way to do
this I just don't see it in my initial look at docs and google)
2) does gump care about timezone?  should the date be GMT (i guess this coule matter if the
builds are occurring at night)?