xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Don Ferguson <...@bea.com>
Subject Re: V2 Store discussion...
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:12:50 GMT
As you may already know, finalizers must be used with extreme caution.
Because they are run by in the GC thread (when all other threads are
paused) if a finalizer deadlocks, the entire VM will be frozen.  This
makes using synchronization in a finalizer particularly dangerous.
There are also problems around any operations that allocate memory in a
finalizer.

(Note: my information may be out of date).

    -Don