xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: [xmlbeans-dev] Re: STAX
Date Fri, 26 Sep 2003 04:48:04 GMT
On 9/25/2003 4:43 PM, David Bau wrote:

> From: "Ted Leung" <twleung@sauria.com>
>>>i'd probably recommending cc'ing the incubator pmc on this. it's
>>>probably cool but doing this allows them to step in if there are issues
>>>that you're not aware of.
>>I looked at the license, and as far as I can tell it should be fine for
>>binary, as long as we tell where to get the source.
> That's cool; that would be easier and more straightforward than figuring out
> how to apachetize the source.

There are 2 approaches to handling this.  One is to put a
xxxx.jar.LICENSE.txt file in the same directory as the JAR (Axis does
this), and the other is to have a directory named legal where all
licenses for stuff like this go (Cocoon does it this way).  In the case
of STAX we probably need a second xxx.jar.README.txt or something that
tells where to get the source.