xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Leung <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: code to contribute: JAM
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:24:40 GMT
Hi Patrick, Dave

On 9/24/2003 6:37 PM, David Remy wrote:

> I think this code could be valuable to v2.  Perhaps it should be checked into the v2
directory, or a sandbox directory, so that we can look at the code, and see how it would work
in an xmlbeans v2 java -> xml scenario?  If that makes sense, David, would you be the one
to work with Patrick to do this?

Since these are new files, we will need a software grant for this.  For
more details see:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?Licensing

Search forward for the phrase "Normal contributions by developers's".
For developers w/ CLA's this requirement is taken care of by the CLA, so
a CLA for Patrick would be fine as well, I think.

Ted

an abstraction layer for Java types and their associated metadta that I believe will be critical
in xbeans' compilation phase.  Just as you need a SOM to represent the schema types you are
binding to and from, you use JAM to model the Java types you are binding to and from.