xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Getting the distribution onto a download site somewhere ...
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:02:45 GMT
Ted Leung wrote:
> Dave,
>
> The majority opinion on general@incubator is that XMLBeans cannot make
> an "official" release until it exits incubation.  So we need to come up
> with a creative release name that indicates the stability of XMLBeans
> without claim to be a full ASF project/release.  At the moment I can't
> think of anything less ugly than

Ted, is this opinion or policy? I don't want to affect this list with
the turmoil of the policy discussions over at general@incubator, but I
wonder why a healthy project cannot continue releasing stuff using its
normal pre-incubation release schedule after it went into ASF
incubation. Looking at Tapestry (and Lenya), there wasn't such a strict
requirement w.r.t. release naming, and they continued releasing stuff as
they were used to.

IMHO, requiring to prepend a new XMLBeans release with
under-incubating-foo.tgz would somehow imply that the quality of the
XMLBeans dist has decreased in quality or robustness.

What do you think?

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org