xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: FW: the incubator roles and responsibilities thread
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 02:42:25 GMT
David,

I will rudely step in and betray my lurker status
here :>.

It is my belief that *nothing* that has been
defined in the past few days affects the roles
and responsibilities for XMLBeans.  The main focus
has been on where Sponsors and Shepherds come from
and what their responsibilities are.  That seems
to have come down to something similar to what
was done for XMLBeans, so there should be no
impact.

I.e. The Shepherd is someone approved by the
Incubator PMC and appointed by something currently
termed a "Sponsoring Entity".  In this case,
Ted is the Shepherd.  He is well and truly
approved by the Incubator PMC and XML PMC, so no
problems there.

The Sponsor is Steven Noels.  His only "official"
role under what is being discussed is to
represent XMLBeans in the original proposal,
which he did.  His "unofficial" (but still very
important) role is that he is helping out during
the incubation period.  He has been definitely
visible on the various lists - so no problems
there either.

The Sponsoring Entity is expected to take an
interest in what is going on, but be represented
by the Shepherd.  I believe we have been, as a
number of XML PMC members have been paying
attention and trying to help out, whether
directly or indirectly.  (My involvement has been
*very* indirect, but I've been taking an active
interest in this list and in progress.)

The Incubator PMC is expected to review the
progress.  This has not changed and was (I
believe) always expected.

As a wrap up - I would be rather upset if anything
that has been discussed in this space were making
things harder for you guys.  If anything, part of
the intent of the discussions has been to get a
greater understanding of these issues so we can
hopefully smooth the path a little.

Finally (and really wrapping up this time :>), I
would be interested in any thoughts this group
has on the IncubatorMussings document (other than
the spelling of musings :>).

Cheers,
    Berin

> From: "David Remy" <dremy@bea.com>
> Subject: FW: the incubator roles and responsibilities thread
> Date: 24/09/2003 12:10:45
> To: <xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org>
>
> Ted, when you get a chance, if appropriate and you think things have stabilized somewhat,
could you give us a rundown on the roles and responsibilities thread from general@incubator
(per the wiki page http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?IncubatorMussings as it relates
to XMLBeans?  Primarily I mean who, if anyone has the different roles that are defined.