xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting the distribution onto a download site somewhere ...
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:14:08 GMT

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:19:11 -0700
Ted Leung <twleung@sauria.com> wrote:

> That was my concern, but the folks in the incubator are being difficult
> on this.  I think we should work to minimize disputes and work to try to
> get us out of incubation ASAP.

> What do others think?  Do you want me to go push back some more?

This could be simple. Announce at announce@apache.org and
announce(ments)@(xml|ws|jakarta).apache.org
about the release and put the *note*
"We are now under incubation .. http://incubator.apache.org" ...
That's all.
(I am willing to put the news at jakarta.apache.org top page)

In such an announcement, please note that the you should tell people the
existence of "xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org" mailing list
for building the powerful users' community.

--

Without users' community and release build, why can you build
"healthy" community and solicit other independent committers?

Anyway, foundation-wide announcement would be necessary (needless to say,
please put the 3-5 lines blurb of xmlbeans) for xmlbeans project
to grow up more. This would encourage and hurry up the "escape from
incubator project" from my point of view:

Thank you.

__ Tetsuya <tetsuya@apache.org> __