xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tets...@apache.org>
Subject Re: XmlBeans source code has been checked in ...
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:54:17 GMT

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:22:52 -0700
Ted Leung <twleung@sauria.com> wrote:

> On 9/16/2003 7:36 AM, David Remy wrote:
>
> >Here is a newbie etiquitte question.  When a patch is submitted like
> this (although this is tiny, but in general) is it common for the
> committer to email a "done" message on the dev list or is the cvs
> commit message enough?  It probably varies but just curious if there
> is a common approach ...
> >

> I'd like to see an ack in the dev list - somone patching may not
> subscribe to the CVS list.

> Ted

I agree with Ted, however, there seem trifling but critical problems.

I found it that the "In-Reply-To:" Header Line have not been appended to
all the e-mails created by the ASF committers from BEA.com
(welcome!), due to the Mail Client Software I suppose.

This means that we can not view the messages in "thread" mode.

In this situation, '"done" messages ( = "patch applied" messages)
on the dev list' would become something disorder.

I am not sure how we can solve this (recommend the upgrade of
Microsoft Exchange/Outlook? ;-), however, I did want to put my
concerns about this.

Sincerely,

__ Tetsuya <tetsuya@apache.org> __