xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting the distribution onto a download site somewhere ...
Date Sat, 20 Sep 2003 08:54:53 GMT
hi david

there are some documents aimed at apache release managers which have been
assembled on the web:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ReleaseManager.

IIRC incubating projects should not create full releases (the reason being
that the ASF makes a long term commitment to maintain all full releases)
until the incubation process is finished (but this policy is something
that should probably be checked with the incubator pmc). instead, unstable
(milestone, alpha, beta, gold etc) releases should be created. these
should be made available for download from the appropriate subdirectory of
cvs.apache.org. (again, probably the pmc are the right people to ask about
policy on whether they should be made available from an xml subdirectory
download or a incubator download subdirectory.)

if you're considering releases, then this might also be a good time to
consider nightlies and gump (if there are not yet sorted out). gump is a
meta-builder which re-builds and tests all jakarta projects (and many
other apache projects) with the latest versions of each dependency each
day. nightly builds are created every day and uploaded to cvs.apache.org.
i would recommend that xml beans signs up for both.

- robert