xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Bau" <david....@bea.com>
Subject Setting up bugzilla, list archiving, etc
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2003 11:21:27 GMT
Hi all; we've got the code cleaned up, moved to org.apache packages, etc,
and we're basically ready to check it into apache CVS now; we're just
waiting on infrastructure to set up accounts and cvs access for us.  We're
also going to start using this mailing list for development work, which
means we need to make sure user discussions happen on
xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org.

Forgive me for a bit, for a little while things on xmlbeans-dev are going to
have to be boring setup issues.  We need a functional development space
here.

There are a couple initial things I need a little guidance and help with.
Any help would be apprecitated!

1. Bugzilla.  Try submitting a bug to XMLBeans at
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=XMLBeans - you'll
see that it complains that "You need to have at least one component for this
product in order to create a new bug."

Can somebody grant me (david.bau@bea.com) appropriate access so that I can
set up components (and whatever else is needed for our bugzilla area?)  I'm
new to bugzilla so if I'm missing something simple please let me know.

2. Mailing lists and archives.     Let's start making sure we use
xmlbeans-user@ for user questions and use xmlbeans-dev@ for development
discussion, and moderating the lists appropriately.  We probably need to set
up a couple moderators - I'm willing to help moderate a bit, if somebody can
help me get set up to do so.

Also, I'd like to have our lists archived at http://mail-archive.com/; I
find their service pretty snappy. I think I've just set that up through
ezmlm; we'll see if this message gets archived.

This is the beginning, not the end, of boring setup issues, so bear with
me...

David