xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Bau" <david....@bea.com>
Subject Re: Getting the distribution onto a download site somewhere ...
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2003 00:17:06 GMT
Ted wrote:
> Steven wrote:
> > IMHO, requiring to prepend a new XMLBeans release with
> > under-incubating-foo.tgz would somehow imply that the quality of the
> > XMLBeans dist has decreased in quality or robustness.
> >
> That was my concern, but the folks in the incubator are being difficult
> on this.  I think we should work to minimize disputes and work to try to
> get us out of incubation ASAP.
>
> What do others think?  Do you want me to go push back some more?

My personal opinion is that we focus on getting the project community
going, and getting the work on the next ver going. We shouldn't worry
about what the incubator folks say we should name the .zip filename.

If we do well at what is important (good code, good group), then
if Apache is working, the incubation stuff should take care of itself.

David