xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Bau" <david....@bea.com>
Subject RE: STAX
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 19:40:52 GMT
Hi Chris, read over the license and it looks good.

(1) BEA has already licensed in an open way similar to the Apache license
(2) BEA is the copyright holder and licensor

We do need a 173 impl, and it seems like, at least to start, using the RI
would be perfect.

I've already done a CLA and am covered under BEA's software grant to Apache.
I think the clearest way to contribute the code to the project with no IP
confusion would be for me (or any other CLA'ed committer from BEA) to go
ahead and add this work to the XMLBeans project and to our grant to Apache.

We do need a 173 impl, so if there's no objections, I'll

(1) Do the software grant, i.e., make a copy where the copyright and license
is the standard Apache XMLBeans license (the standard text with "based on
software originally copyright BEA Systems")
(2) Check in Apache licensed sources
(3) Get it building etc.
(4) Then we can start use 173, with a real impl.

Make sense?

David