xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Fry" <christopher....@bea.com>
Subject RE: V2 Store discussion...
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2003 16:54:39 GMT
I think you should be careful not to make the same mistakes that the JDK
made early on with the map implementations.  The early map implementations
were thread safe and very slow, so no-one used them.  It might be best to
have two implementations of the store (one that is thread safe & one that
isn't) so that users can choose safety over performance.  Or performance if
they know the data will only be read in a single thread as may be the case
in WS-invocations...

-C