xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Maeda" <chrisma...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Future XMLBeans feature work?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:22:41 GMT
Hi David,

It seems to me that the "start-from-Java" and
"fast lossy binding" features would be less valuable since
(as you mention) there are other technologies out there
to do this already, like Apache Axis.

I would most interested in seeing XQuery support
added / restored to XMLBeans V2.

Regards,
Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bau [mailto:david.bau@bea.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 3:18 PM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Future XMLBeans feature work?

I'm going to try to begin to organize some feature requests and ideas that
have been knocking around in the wiki.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?XmlBeansFeaturePlan

Somebody already discovered this page and already added a request about
reducing code size - thanks! (neat, who was it?)  I think that's right, and
I've expanded that suggestion to have more details.

It's just a beginning of a list here and isn't nearly complete or final, but
I'd appreciate it if folks took a peek an suggested things that are missing,
or if there are areas that they'd like to contribute - I hope folks feel
free to add suggestions directly into the wiki; or discuss them here.