xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Maeda" <chrisma...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Future XMLBeans feature work?
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:22:41 GMT
Hi David,

It seems to me that the "start-from-Java" and
"fast lossy binding" features would be less valuable since
(as you mention) there are other technologies out there
to do this already, like Apache Axis.

I would most interested in seeing XQuery support
added / restored to XMLBeans V2.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bau [mailto:david.bau@bea.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 3:18 PM
To: xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Future XMLBeans feature work?

I'm going to try to begin to organize some feature requests and ideas that
have been knocking around in the wiki.

Somebody already discovered this page and already added a request about
reducing code size - thanks! (neat, who was it?)  I think that's right, and
I've expanded that suggestion to have more details.

It's just a beginning of a list here and isn't nearly complete or final, but
I'd appreciate it if folks took a peek an suggested things that are missing,
or if there are areas that they'd like to contribute - I hope folks feel
free to add suggestions directly into the wiki; or discuss them here.