xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "vinay chandrasekharan" <vinay.chandrasekha...@seepz.tcs.co.in>
Subject Re: packing up and picking up our packages
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:32:28 GMT

The reason one might (and in most cases would )need a conf (+
resources)directory  within src/test is to accomodate for
*test* related conifgurations.  Having JUnit within a *.test subpage also
helps.

BTW a note on the build system , having ant scripts should be just fine,
but we *wont* loose much [instead we stand to gain :-) ]
if we also have *maven*(http://maven.apache.org) descriptors checked in
alongside.
Moreover it can be our documentation system too , if we haven't chosen any
for now.

Regards,
Vinay Chandrasekharan   (vinayc@apache.org)

                    Steve Maring

                    <bamboollet@y        To:     xmlbeans-dev@xml.apache.org

                    ahoo.com>            cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: packing up and picking up our packages

                    11/08/2003

                    01:32 AM

                    Please

                    respond to

                    xmlbeans-dev

I'm not crazy about sticking a conf and resources directory under src, but
I definitely concur with:

src --> java --> org --> apache --> xmlbeans --> ...
src --> test --> org --> apache --> xmlbeans --> ...

I generally don't recommend things that one must pay for (hehehe), however,
the Oreilly book:  "Java Extreme Programming Cookbook"  has some excellent
recommendations for project directory structure layout, CVS repository
layout, and Ant building scripts.

The practices noted in this book are most widely recognized in the
OpenSource community.
Cheers.
Steve Maring

robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:
 the way that things are usually done over in jakartaland is to have a src
 directory containing all the source (including tests). the java source
 code is contained in a subdirectory called java, the test code in a
 directory called source and so on for any other bits and pieces.

 for example:

 xmlbeans
 |__ src
 |_ conf
 |_ java
 |_ test
 |_ resources

 this seems to work pretty well so maybe it's something that you might
 consider adopting.

 i'm not sure what the usual directory organization is over in xmlland.

 - robert

Do you Yahoo!?