xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Are xsdconfig files supported?
Date Mon, 18 Aug 2003 09:56:45 GMT
Hi Eric

Thanks for your feedback. At least I know its all possible then :)

I was using the Ant task inside a Maven build (the maven.xml file
contains something pretty similar to an Ant build.xml). Platform OS X,
1.4.1_01-14. I got the error when I put any of the .xsdconfig files
into the src/schema directory and ran the Ant task pointing to the
src/schema directory.

I wonder if this is something particular about the Ant task? I looked
at the code and it seems that this line doesn't work in
SchemaCompiler...

                     XmlObject configdoc = XmlObject.Factory.parse(new
FileInputStream(configFiles[i]), options);
                     if (!(configdoc instanceof ConfigDocument))
                         StscState.addError(errorListener, "Document " +
configFiles[i] + " is not an xsd config file",
XmlErrorContext.CANNOT_LOAD_XSD_FILE, configdoc);

i.e. the parsing of the xsdconfig file doesn't seem to think its a
ConfigDocument which has me a little stumped.

I'll experiment calling the 'scomp' executable (SchemaCompiler)
directly instead of using the Ant task - maybe there's a difference in
behaviour using that.

On Sunday, August 17, 2003, at 12:40  am, Eric Vasilik wrote:

> I successfully compiled your sources against the version of XmlBeans
> from the BEA dev-to-dev site:

> Time to build schema type system: 2.844 seconds
> Time to generate code: 11.969 seconds
> Compiled types to xmltypes.jar
>
> I issued the scomp command 'scomp *' from the 'src' directory which
> contains 'etc', 'java', 'schema', ....
>
> Perhaps you have some kind of configuration problem?  What JRE are you
> using?
>
> - Eric

James
-------