xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [apache-xmlbeans] breaking a schema namespace into packages via xsdconfig?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:40:35 GMT

On Tuesday, August 19, 2003, at 09:38  pm, David Bau wrote:

> If you supply a fully-qualified name in your .xsdconfig file as
>
> <xb:qname name="my:typeName" javaname="my.package.FooType"/>
>
> Then when generating typeName into a class, things should work - you
> should
> get your requested package.  Currently the config works purely by
> allowing
> you to override the suggested Java translation for a QName for all
> situations where the QNames is used, so it's probably not fine-grained
> enough when there is QName aliasing going on (e.g., elts vs types vs
> local
> elts etc).  A few folks have asked for more fine-grained .xsdconfig
> controls, and it seems like a good area for development.

It'd be really nice to be able to say 'for all QNames in foo.xsd use
package org.apache.foo' - then I could use separate packages for each
part of the J2EE schema. I could auto-generate the bindings of QNames
-> package via XSLT on the schema files I guess. What would help is if
the XSLT didn't have to do QName -> Java class name munging. i.e. if we
could do something like

<xb:qname name="my:typeName" javapackage="my.package"/>

Then the XSLT wouldn't have to worry about doing the typeName ->
className conversion. Though being able to bind schema files to
packages directly in the xsdconfig file would really rock.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/