xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From Steve Maring <bambool...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: packing up and picking up our packages
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:02:25 GMT
I'm not crazy about sticking a conf and resources directory under src, but I definitely concur
with:

src --> java --> org --> apache --> xmlbeans --> ...
src --> test --> org --> apache --> xmlbeans --> ...

I generally don't recommend things that one must pay for (hehehe), however, the Oreilly book:
 "Java Extreme Programming Cookbook"  has some excellent recommendations for project directory
structure layout, CVS repository layout, and Ant building scripts.

The practices noted in this book are most widely recognized in the OpenSource community.

Cheers.
Steve Maring

robert burrell donkin <rdonkin@apache.org> wrote:
the way that things are usually done over in jakartaland is to have a src
directory containing all the source (including tests). the java source
code is contained in a subdirectory called java, the test code in a
directory called source and so on for any other bits and pieces.

for example:

xmlbeans
|__ src
|_ conf
|_ java
|_ test
|_ resources

this seems to work pretty well so maybe it's something that you might
consider adopting.

i'm not sure what the usual directory organization is over in xmlland.

- robert