xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Bau" <david....@bea.com>
Subject Re: [apache-xmlbeans] breaking a schema namespace into packages via xsdconfig?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 20:38:35 GMT
If you supply a fully-qualified name in your .xsdconfig file as

<xb:qname name="my:typeName" javaname="my.package.FooType"/>

Then when generating typeName into a class, things should work - you should
get your requested package.  Currently the config works purely by allowing
you to override the suggested Java translation for a QName for all
situations where the QNames is used, so it's probably not fine-grained
enough when there is QName aliasing going on (e.g., elts vs types vs local
elts etc).  A few folks have asked for more fine-grained .xsdconfig
controls, and it seems like a good area for development.

David