xml-xmlbeans-dev mailing list archives

From "David Bau" <david....@bea.com>
Subject Re: [apache-xmlbeans] willingness to fork off XMLBeans
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 18:52:04 GMT
> But regardless, it would appear that the current design of XMLBeans is such that it can
be integrated with WorkShop, whereas other marshalling frameworks cannot.

This is not a limitation of XMLBeans.  You're free to take a look at the source code for XMLBeans
to see that there's no "secret" limitations inside XMLBeans.  You're just seeing the fact
that custom marshallers have not been done for other marshalling frameworks yet. Why not?
 There is no insidious reason.  It's because XMLBeans is new.  Before being contributed to
Apache, it was developed at BEA, so it happens to be used already in some BEA products.

It is a definite goal of the XMLBeans dev team to be integrated into AXIS as well as the other
important marshalling frameworks (including any you can get from BEA).  We believe the technology
fills an important need, and should be used in a widespread way.  I believe this can be done
cleanly without breaking compatibility with existing XMLBeans usage.

View raw message