xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Eickvonder Bjoern" <Eickvonder.Bjo...@inside-online.de>
Subject AW: Performance
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2005 06:11:30 GMT
Thats really a huge number. You mean you have 20 million xml-files to
store? What size does each file have? What kind of request do you expect
(give me document this or that or do you have to seach for specific data
within all these 20 million records)? I personally think that XIndice
will not be suited for your needs. I already had trouble with a few
dozens of collections because Xindice opens file descriptors for each of
these .tbl and .idx files for concurrent access but never closes them
(til shutdown), so I got a too many open files exception on a linux
system. Moreover I had problems if multiple users are adding/writing
(different) files to a collection concurrently (some data was later on
corrupt or missing), so I had to synchronize the write access to each
collection. So if all these 500 users will have to write data this will
be a problem for you too.
Bjoern Eickvonder

Von: Sasikanth Tenneti [mailto:tennetis@nisco-india.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 28. Juli 2005 07:55
An: xindice-users@xml.apache.org
Betreff: Performance

Dear All
            I am trying to move one of our product database content into
XML xindice DB, the volume I am looking is around 20 million records, is
xindice can scale to  those many number of records efficiently with
about 500 concurrent users requests?
Please help me to get some focus on this.
Thank you in advance

View raw message