xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Cheong Chung Onn <chung...@hs-integrating.com>
Subject Having trouble setting up xindice
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2004 16:31:47 GMT
Hi all,

I am a newbie, i downloaded xindice v 1.1b3 (jar version and even the
cvs version) tried almost everything  but doesnt seems to be able to
get xindice going. I tried checking the archives and read through FAQs,
Admin, User and Developer Guides but didn't help.

I would appreciate if any one can help to shed some light to get me
going. Thanks in advance.

My environment - OSX 10.3.2, java ver 1.4.2_03, btw i had set up
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=$XINDICE_HOME/java/lib

Chung-Onn

Below are what i have done and the problems i encountered

Case #1 (downloaded xindice v1.1b3-jar)
=======
+  I tried to follow the setup instructions in xindice developer guide
- Preparing the Server For the Examples
      xindice lc -c /db
but i go the following error - ERROR :
/users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3-jar/config/commands.xml (No such
file or directory)

I realized that the config directory is missing and i managed to a copy
of "config" from the xindice-src but i encountered a new problem!

Case #2 (download xindice-src and compile)
=======
+ after i have downloaded the src, i ran the "ant" to build xindice,
but once again i encountered a truckload of warning messages about
deprecated classes, below is a sample of the warning message..

     [javac]             case Types.DOCUMENT:
     [javac]                  ^
     [javac]
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/java/src/org/apache/xindice/core/
data/Variant.java:480: warning: org.apache.xindice.core.data.Types in
org.apache.xindice.core.data has been deprecated
     [javac]             case Types.DOCUMENTFRAGMENT:
     [javac]                  ^
     [javac] 43 warnings

test-build:
     [mkdir] Created dir:
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/build/classes-tests
     [mkdir] Created dir:
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/build/test-results
     [javac] Compiling 37 source files to
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/build/classes-tests
     [javac]
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/java/tests/src/org/apache/
xindice/StressTests.java:67: warning:
org.apache.xindice.core.filer.HashFiler in
org.apache.xindice.core.filer has been deprecated
     [javac] import org.apache.xindice.core.filer.HashFiler;
     [javac]                                      ^
     [javac]
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/java/tests/src/org/apache/
xindice/core/filer/HashFilerTest.java:68: warning:
org.apache.xindice.core.filer.HashFiler in
org.apache.xindice.core.filer has been deprecated
     [javac]         super(name, new HashFiler());
     [javac]                         ^
     [javac] 2 warnings
      [copy] Copying 40 files to
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/build/classes-tests

jar-release:
       [jar] Building jar:
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/dist/xindice-1.1b3.jar

war-release:
      [copy] Copying 1 file to /Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/dist
       [war] Building war:
/Users/chungonn/Desktop/xindice-1.1b3/dist/xindice-1.1b3.war