xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Kurt Kavanaugh" <kkavana...@teletrol.com>
Subject RE: logging to Xindice log vs root logger/STDOUT
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:46:40 GMT

Figured it out...

If I have a common-loggings.properties file in our WEBINF/classes directory with the single
entry...

org.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger

And I have a log4j.properties file in our WEBINF/classes directory with the following ( modify
as needed )

log4j.logger.org.apache.xindice = INFO, org.apache.xindice

log4j.additivity.org.apache.xindice = false

log4j.appender.org.apache.xindice=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.org.apache.xindice.File=c:/application/logs/Xindice/trace_Xindice.txt
log4j.appender.org.apache.xindice.MaxFileSize=3000KB
log4j.appender.org.apache.xindice.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.org.apache.xindice.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p %d [%t] - %m%n
log4j.appender.org.apache.xindice.MaxBackupIndex=1

All the logging goes to the application/logs/Xindice directory.

sweet.

stored in a single logs directory for convenience.

> My question is this I would like to have the Xindice log information directed to a log
file in our standard logs directory.

> Note I have looked at the sources and see that in Database.java at least the logger requested
is...

> private static Log log = LogFactory.getLog("org.apache.xindice.core");
>
> So seeing the import statement above I see the use of the org.apache.commons.logging.LogFactory
class.

> If I set my commons-logging.properties file to...
>
> org.commons.logging.Log=org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger
> and setup loggers in my log4j.properties that match "org.apache.xindice.core" will I
see the logging directed appropriately?