xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From "Fritz, Tobias" <fr...@mpib-berlin.mpg.de>
Subject AW: Xindice Tomcat How-To: crucial part on editing the Tomcatserver.xml file is missing
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:05:23 GMT
Thank you, Vijay, you were right:

I copied the xindice-1.1b1.war from the package xml-xindice-1.1b1-war.zip
to the webapps directory and restarted Tomcat (maybe it's even non necessary
to restart Tomcat). Now I am able to browse the database using the url
http://localhost:8080/xindice-1.1b1

I wonder if anybody in this list has the possibility to edit the file
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/community/howto/installation/tomcat.html
and simply could delete the section "Edit the Tomcat server.xml File" or
put there what Vijay wrote??

Next problem: xml-xindice-1.1b1-war.zip does not contain any command line
tool for accessing the xml database. Sure, I could use XML-RPC, but as
I am still trying to find out if xindice can do what I would like to do
with it I would like an easy access method, which would be a
command line tool. On the download page under Milestone Releases there
are 2 sections for binaries:

Version 1.1b1 - Binary (webapp)
Version 1.1b1 - Binary (jar)

unfortunately the link for the Windows binary is the same in BOTH sections,
they BOTH point to the same file: xml-xindice-1.1b1-war.zip

Again, is there anybody who can edit http://xml.apache.org/xindice/download.cgi ???
I guess there's a wrong link!!

ok ... I just tried to change the link from xml-xindice-1.1b1-war.zip
to xml-xindice-1.1b1-jar.zip, that did it. And I found a commandline tool
in xml-xindice-1.1b1-jar.zip, but it's not working ...

well ...

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----