xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Melhuish <j.melhu...@signal.qinetiq.com>
Subject Problem with XPathQueryService
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 11:14:47 GMT
I'm trying to do something essentially fairly straightforward but I
can't for the life of me see why it's not working :-(  All I want to do
is retreive certain nodes from within my XML database, eg. the "title"
nodes.

As far as I understand, using the Xpath query "//title" should select
all of the title nodes, irrespective of their position in the document
tree - and indeed it does, when I use the Xindice command-line
interface, it gives me exactly what I want.  But when I use the
XPathQueryService from within a Java program it doesn't, it returns
everything, including the parent node and all of it's children!

That's obvious, I hear you cry, "you've cocked up the Java code"!  But
the same code, when fed, for instance "/", returns everything.  Or when
fed a blank query, it returns nothing.  Which seems sensible.

What gives?

TIA,

Jon
PS:  Just a nudge in the right direction would be helpful. I've also
attatched the relevant code sections just in case you still suspect them ;-)

--
Jonathan Melhuish, E101
Distributed Technology Group

email: j.melhuish@signal.qinetiq.com
Tel: 01684 894121

This e-mail may contain information which is commercial-in-confidence
and/or legally privileged. For persons other than the intended
recipient(s), any use, disclosure, copying or distribution of the e-mail
or information contained therein is prohibited.