xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Zastrow <c...@thomas-zastrow.de>
Subject Newbie-Question
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 17:50:09 GMT
Hello,

I'm Tom from Germany and I'm new to Xindice and this list :-)

At first I would like to thank all the people around Xindice, it's a great pice of software!

So, and here is my first question ... ;-)

I have a XML-document imported and the Xpath-query

xindice xpath_query -c /db/corpora/taz -q /corpus//syntax

brings up a lot results like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<syntax cat="NE" xmlns:src="http://xml.apache.org/xindice/Query" src:col="/db/corpora/taz"
src:key="teil1.10-1">
<token wclass="NE" lemma="Dax">
Dax
</token>
</syntax>

Now I want just all the <syntax>-Tags which matches for example with cat="NE". So I
did this:

xindice xpath_query -c /db/corpora/taz -q /corpus//syntax[@cat="NE"]

And the result ist empty ... but there *are* a lot matching <syntax>-Tags with the atribut
cat="NE"

Any ideas??? I'm absolutely new to Xpath, perhaps you can recommend me some good books, tutorials
etc.??

Thanks a lot for your patience!

Greetings,

Tom

|Q: What's little, yellow and very very dangerous? |
|A: A canary with the super-user password.         |

| http://www.thomas-zastrow.de                     |