xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From matt ma <mattmapr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: xpath with index after data is added does not work
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 02:23:25 GMT
What version are you using Andrew?  I'm using 1.1b1
and noticed that if you add index with
-p *@id
and you have id attributes in multiple levels of your
xml file you will end up with no results on xpath
quering [@id=?].  However, I was able to get this to
work by specifying the level
metatable/*/*@id
xpath with this index does return results but no
significant performance gain so I'm wondering if it
works at all.

For the indexes that work I am seeing significant
performance improvements (~3x) for my db.

I'm trying to figure out if indexes by design do not
update themselves like they do in a normal database or
if this is a bug.

-matt