xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From matt ma <mattmapr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: xpath with index after data is added does not work
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 02:23:25 GMT
What version are you using Andrew?  I'm using 1.1b1
and noticed that if you add index with
-p *@id
and you have id attributes in multiple levels of your
xml file you will end up with no results on xpath
quering [@id=?].  However, I was able to get this to
work by specifying the level
xpath with this index does return results but no
significant performance gain so I'm wondering if it
works at all.

For the indexes that work I am seeing significant
performance improvements (~3x) for my db.

I'm trying to figure out if indexes by design do not
update themselves like they do in a normal database or
if this is a bug.