xml-xindice-users mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Xindice 1.1b2 stability, reliability and installation.
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:17:27 GMT
Bent Andre Solheim wrote:

>Hi users and developers,
>
>I checked out Xindice 1.1b from CVS using the build-1_1_b2 tag. Was
>unable to make it work properly. I then checked the working version from
>CVS out and replaced the xindice-1.1.b2.jar from the b2 version with the
>new one both on the server and on the commandline tool. Everything
>appears to be ok.

There is no 1.1b2 release. There is 1.1b1 (see
http://xml.apache.org/xindice/download.cgi), and there is current CVS
which is 1.1b2-dev

>My question is, to both users and developers, how stable and reliable is
>Xindice in its current state? Is it production ready? I'm very close to
>selecting another database for my project, because it is not acceptable
>risking a corrupt database with a probablity not very close to zero. I
>originally wanted Xindice as my primary data store because it offers a
>great deal of flexibility not offered by the alternatives. At the time
>being, I do not dare using it this way, because I cannot afford losing
>data or taking my service down for hours to restore from backup.

Why don't you perform your tests against latest CVS version? If you find
corruption of the data, you are very welcome to file a bug into
Bugzilla. Currently, I don't see any open data corruption issues [1]

Vadim

[1]
http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&product=Xindice&cmdtype=doit