xml-xindice-dev mailing list archives

From "Henrik Vendelbo" <hvende...@bluprints.com>
Subject Database.setConfig
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2003 23:14:31 GMT
I am fairly new to the Xindice source code, so forgive me if I have missed
the point.

It seems to me that Xindice started out as a standalone server only
implementation, where using a dedicated configuration file makes a lot of
sense, and has now recently moved on to also function in the embedded mode.

As an embedded db, it seems odd that you need a dedicated configuration
file.

I noticed the Configurable interface/class, but I haven't seen it being used
to configure the db.home

when using org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.DatabaseImpl and the embed:
pseudo-protocol, the configuration is delayed, so
properties set on the Database object could be applied to a Configuration
object and then fed to the chosen driver.

Wouldn't this make sense ?

If this is a to-do item, then I volunteer to do it.