xml-xindice-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Ross <Kevin.R...@iVerticalLeap.com>
Subject Re: xml-rpc messages
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 15:25:01 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
I think reorganizing the structure, see my post on 'Shaking up the Tree'
may address some of the issues here. &nbsp;I agree that clients should be standalone
(w/o server package), but code running on the server as an xmlrpc 'service'
should not be under the client package. &nbsp; The client will of course need
(available) at least an interface from the 'service' package, to communicate
with (and run without ClassNotFoundExceptions).<br>
-Kevin<br>
Vladimir R. Bossicard wrote:<br>
 cite="mid20021205151326.86127.qmail@web12104.mail.yahoo.com">
    <pre wrap="">Better yet: let's move all the message names to static final Strings

somewhere, so that we gain a small point in performance and a huge one
in cleanliness. How about it?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
logically, these constants should be stored in the specific class (to gain
modularity), e.g:

    package org.apache.xindice.server.rpc.message;

    public class DeleteDocument {

       public static final String methodname =
           "org.apache.xindice.server.rpc.message.DeleteDocument";

    }

What bothers me a little is that in a class placed in the client package, you
will have to import org.apache.xindice.SERVER.rpc.* classes.  Should a client
_import_ server classes, that's my question?  I don't particularly like this
idea, but it's maybe me.

That's the reason why I thought of moving the server.rpc classes into
client.xmlrpc.  And since I don't have many classes left in the server
package, I thought of removing the server package and define the "accessor"
(name to be changed) hierarchy.

-Vladimir

=====
Vladimir R. Bossicard