xml-xindice-dev mailing list archives

From Murray Altheim <m.alth...@open.ac.uk>
Subject Re: XNode API available
Date Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:23:32 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Murray Altheim wrote:
>
>> I've posted the API documentation for XNode to:
>> http://kmi.open.ac.uk/projects/ceryle/docs/api/org/apache/xnode/package-summary.html

> Thanks Murray. I'm a bit overloaded in these days, but I'll take a look
> at them ASAP.

Understood. Look forward to your feedback.

>> I'll in the next day or so also post the API code if anyone is
>> really interested. It has no formal status but an earlier version
>> has been submitted to the Xindice project. This new code is AFAIK
>> backward compatible, as it simply adds a method or two to allow
>> extension of the XNode metadata.
>
> I am for sure interested.

Okay, let me bundle that up and post it on the Ceryle web site as
I'm able. This week is quickly queuing up with things...

>> As I've said before, I'll be later this spring be releasing into
>> open source my Ceryle application, which has an implementation of
>> XNode running over a Xindice database, with a document editor that
>> hooks into XML validation, Tidy, has up to 100 levels of Undo,
>> and has other features. I will announce here when this is available.
>
> Really interesting! What kind of editor are you using?

I've looked into embedding an existing Java-based editor within
the application, but none are sufficiently portable to not require
a substantial rewrite of my own code to do so (and make available
the hooks my application needs), plus I want to distribute under
an Apache-style license and most are GPL, so I've written my own.
It's not particularly fancy and doesn't have syntax hilighting (ie.,
it's not a programmer's editor, it's designed to assist authors, so
I'll add features as appropriate).

Murray

Murray Altheim                         <mailto:m.altheim @ open.ac.uk>
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK

      In the evening
      The rice leaves in the garden
      Rustle in the autumn wind
      That blows through my reed hut.  -- Minamoto no Tsunenobu