xml-xindice-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Bradford <bradf...@dbxmlgroup.com>
Subject Re: Xindice namespace problem
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 18:33:03 GMT
On Thursday, December 13, 2001, at 11:26 AM, Murray Altheim wrote:
> Last night we tested it against Java 1.3 and 1.4, and it seems that from
> the command line tools the "xmlns:" is getting taken off of "xmlns:foo"
> in the server itself. I spit out a serialization of the DOM node
> before I
> add it as well as when I get it out, and the node is fine on addition.

I'm investigating it now as well, since I'm able to recreate your
problem easily with Xerces 2, but not with Crimson or Xerces 1.
Hopefully, I'll have a good answer within a couple of hours.

> [It'd be a great help if I could get another snapshot of the CVS tree as
> it stands right now, as my copy of Xindice is now out of sync with
> yours.
> I keep thinking about getting a private ISP account so I can get around
> our firewall...]

I'll send a snapshot.  We should probably also arrange to have nightly
snapshots tarballed and zipped somewhere, so that they can be access via
HTTP.

--
Tom Bradford - http://www.tbradford.org
Developer - Apache Xindice (formerly dbXML)