xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Michael Ludwig <mil...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: xml with dots in tags
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 13:58:03 GMT
Marc Ende schrieb am 01.12.2009 um 14:38:39 (+0100):
> Hi Michael,
>
> thanks for your help. It seems that the issue doesn't relate to the
> '.'. But I have no further ideas. Can you have a look on this
> stylesheet and the input xml. I thought that the issue that the
> xsd:value-of doesn't provide any data relates to the dots. But now I
> know that's not the case.
>
> Maybe you can give me a hint. I've spend about 8 hours and haven't
> found any point how I can resolve this issue.

Marc,

please reply to the list, not privately. (I know you did it
inadvertently, as this list does not set the Reply-To header
as it should.)

As to the issue at hand, it is dead simple. Your input is in a
namespace, and your stylesheet doesn't take that into account.
Read up about XML namespaces to save you from further harm and
waste of time. XML namespaces are trivial to understand, but a
bit annoying due to excessive URI verbosity.

<xmeldit.datenlieferung.1100 fassung="2009-07-31" version="1.5"
  produkt="OK.EWO" produkthersteller="AKDB" produktversion="05.70.10"
  xmlns="http://www.osci.de/xmeld15"
  xmlns:xoev="www.deutschland-online.de/XOEV"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.osci.de/xmeld15
  S:\e01entw_eGov\XMELD\XMELD1~1.5\xmeld-nachrichten-xmeldit.xsd">
  [...]

The URI for xoev does not look like a valid URI.

<xsl:transform version="1.0"
  [...]

Your stylesheet should declare all namespaces that are needed and
use them accordingly.

<xsl:transform version="1.0"
  xmlns="http://www.osci.de/xmeld15"

Plus, you *absolutely* need to learn about "push" vs "pull" approach.
You're using the pull approach, which is only suitable for the most
trivial tasks. The one you have looks like a job for a push approach.
The "modified identity template" approach I mentioned is a push
approach.

Good luck,
--
Michael Ludwig