xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Brian Minchau <minc...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XSL Transformation in Xalan - Pls help!
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:08:11 GMT

I vaguely remember a situation in the past where JBOSS and Xalan-J were
running together in the same JVM, and running out of memory. What I
remember was that JBOSS was a memory pig, and that there wasn't much
Xalan-J could do about that.

- Brian

             Michael Ludwig
             <mlu@as-guides.co
                                       xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org
             09/16/2008 03:48                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: XSL Transformation in Xalan -
                                       Pls help!

Sriram83 schrieb:
> 1/. We have the XSL transformation taking place inside an application
> deployed in JBOSS app server. There are no restart of JVM.
> Initialisation of memory takes only during jboss startup.

I don't know much about JBoss, but it's a pretty huge application. You
may be testing JBoss instead of Xalan. In order to test Xalan, I'd
rather use a leaner frame, maybe just the simplest of programs which
does what you describe below using loops and timestamps.

> 2/. As mentioned by Tatu, I believe we do allow time for JVM to
> warmup. We run around 200 XSL transformations first, after this, we
> collect the average time taken for around 1000 transactions.

Sounds very reasonable to me.

Michael