xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Brian Minchau <minc...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: XSL Transformation in Xalan - Pls help!
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:14:26 GMT

Sriram.
I can comment on that link (my name is in there somewhere!).

Yes, the SUN JRE had some horrible synchronization performance "bug". It
made it really excellent for finding code in Xalan-J that did
synchronization, and cleaning up many of the places that used synchronized
methods, but didn't have to. I worked with Toadie and flushed out many of
those spots. Those changes all went into Xalan-J 2.7.1

Which JREs are you using, and which version of Xalan-J?

Still, the pressure needs to go to SUN to fix how it handles
synchronization.

- Brian

             Sriram83
             <ssriram83@gmail.
                                       xalan-j-users@xml.apache.org
             09/16/2008 10:47                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: XSL Transformation in Xalan -
                                       Pls help!

Michael: yesterday, we stripped the xslt transformation component
seperately
and executed the xslt transformation for about 1000 transactions. But
still,
there seems to be difference between execution time in windows vs execution
time in linux box.

Also, we came across this post regarding Xalan in multicore environment..
Can anyone provide comments on this post?

http://marc.info/?l=xalan-j-users&m=117327580321384&w=2

Regards,
Sriram.