xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "siegfried" <siegfr...@heintze.com>
Subject command line tool for reading and writing to/from stdin and stdout?
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 18:06:47 GMT
I would like to perform XSLT with pipes and unfortunately, the little
program "java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process -IN birds.xml -XSL birds.xsl
-OUT birds.out" requires I have files for input and output making piping
cumbersome!

Has anyone modified java source to org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process so it will
read from standard input and write to standard output? I tried and after 30
minutes of my attempts to replace "inputfile" with system.in not working, I
decided someone else has surely already done this! (I'm wondering if I was
encountering some constraints where the transform does not want to read from
standard input because it wants to report the file name the syntax error
messages and standard input does not have a file name.) Can someone point me
to an implementation of java org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process that will read
from standard input, figure out the name of the XSL file from the PI tag,
and write to standard output?

Thanks,

Siegfried