xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Mukul Gandhi" <gandhi.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XSL Transformation in Xalan - Pls help!
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 15:25:12 GMT
Xalan-J is a Java application. It's written keeping in mind only the
Java language features and APIs.

Any performance difference on different OSs and hardware platforms
cannot be attributed to Xalan.

I think, the best you can do is try different JVM memory options, and
have better hardware if you can.

The XSLT stylesheet run time also depends on, the size of the input
document, and sometimes on the kind of XSLT instructions you use. for
e.g., you should avoid using // operator whenever you can (esp. near
the root of a large tree).

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi