xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Syl Turner" <syl.tur...@hannonhill.com>
Subject Doctype never being created from <xsl:output> in 2.7.1 with JDOM?
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 13:59:38 GMT
Hi all,

I've been stuck on this for some time now, and perhaps someone here can help

I have my XSLT stylesheet using <xsl:output> to set the doctype of an
XML document that doesn't have one.  For some reason, that doctype is
not being created in Xalan 2.7.1.  In 2.6, we had it making the
doctype, but ignoring comments (which turned out to be an issue with
endDTD never being used).

I created a JUnit test that removes any of our application's code and
strictly using Xalan with JDOM.  I've pasted the code below.

The Doctype of the transformed document is always null.

I'm thinking this has to do with JDOM and Xalan.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc?

Thanks!
Syl

import java.io.StringReader;

import javax.xml.transform.Transformer;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory;
import javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXResult;
import javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXSource;
import javax.xml.transform.sax.SAXTransformerFactory;
import javax.xml.transform.sax.TransformerHandler;

import org.jdom.Document;
import org.jdom.input.SAXHandler;
import org.jdom.output.DOMOutputter;
import org.xml.sax.ContentHandler;
import org.xml.sax.InputSource;
import org.xml.sax.ext.LexicalHandler;

import junit.framework.TestCase;

public class Test extends TestCase
{
    public void testDoctypeCreation() throws Exception
    {

        String xmlDoc = "<html><!--This is the first
comment--><p>Buddies</p><!--This is the second comment--></html>";
        String xslText = "<xsl:stylesheet version=\"1.0\"
xmlns:xsl=\"http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform\"><xsl:template
match=\"node() | @*\"><xsl:copy><xsl:apply-templates select=\"@* |
node()\"/></xsl:copy></xsl:template><xsl:template
match=\"p\"><xsl:copy-of select=\".\"/>
yes.</xsl:template></xsl:stylesheet>";

        SAXHandler saxHandler = new SAXHandler();

        SAXSource xmlSource = new SAXSource(new InputSource(new
StringReader(xmlDoc)));
        SAXSource xsltSource = new SAXSource(new InputSource(new
StringReader(xslText)));

        TransformerFactory factory = new
org.apache.xalan.processor.TransformerFactoryImpl();
        SAXTransformerFactory saxFactory = (SAXTransformerFactory) factory;

        TransformerHandler handler =
saxFactory.newTransformerHandler(xsltSource);
        Transformer transformer = handler.getTransformer();

        SAXResult result = new SAXResult();

        result.setHandler((ContentHandler) saxHandler);
        result.setLexicalHandler((LexicalHandler) saxHandler);

        handler.setResult(result);

        transformer.transform(xmlSource, result);

        Document transformed = saxHandler.getDocument();

        DOMOutputter output = new DOMOutputter();
        org.w3c.dom.Document dom = output.output(transformed);
        assertEquals("<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0
Strict//EN\" \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd\">",
dom.getDoctype());

    }
}