xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Sriram83 <ssrira...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XSL Transformation in Xalan - Pls help!
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:49:31 GMT

Hi Brian,

OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2)
Kernel 2.6.9-22.ELsmp on an i686
Xalan version: 2.7.0
Xerces Version: 2.9.0
JDK: 1.5_11-b03 server edition
Min-Max memory: 3 GB

Please, can you give me an insight on how you and Toadie tracked down the
performance related issues?

Also, I am not able to understand the performance differences in XSLT
processing between OS. With linux box having superior hardware Vs Windows
desktop, we would expect a better performance in linux, but surprisingly it
is the reverse!

Meanwhile, I will also try with Xalan 2.7.1 and capture the difference it
makes.

Regards,
Sriram