xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Sriram83 <ssrira...@gmail.com>
Subject XSL Transformation in Xalan - Pls help!
Date Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:20:15 GMT

Hi,

I am facing a performance difference for XSL transformation between Windows
and Linux.

Details of Environment:

Environment 1 [Production Environment]:
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 2)
Kernel 2.6.9-22.ELsmp on an i686
Xalan version: 2.7.0
JDK: 1.5_11-b03 server edition
Min-Max memory: 3 GB
Time taken for XSL T: 700 ms

Environment 2 [My Desktop]:
MS Windows XP Service pack 2
Xalan version: 2.7.0
JDK: 1.5_11-b03
Min-Max memory: 200-300 MB
Time taken for XSL T: 280 ms

With superior hardware and same software, I would expect the production
server to be faster, but surprisingly the XSL transformation in Environment
2 is faster.

I am using the same XML for transformation. I am at my wits end trying to
figure out the problem.

Please can someone provide any insight this?

Thanks,
Sriram