xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From "Andy Chambers" <achambers.h...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Fw: SQL extension support
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:28:49 GMT
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 3:43 AM, Yash Talwar <ytalwar@ca.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
> I did some testing quite a while back.  I believe it was at time of Xalan
> Java 2.7 release.  I would need to recreate the environment to do the
> testing; before I can answer this question.

Here's another question then.

Does the query function support only queries or can one also do
updates and inserts.  Having re-read the documentation, it seems to
imply that you can only do queries.  If so, do you have any
recommendations regarding importing XML data into a database?
(Although I will probably still need to generate some kind of XML from
my database which would be nice

I'm starting to think I should use XSLT to generate something like so...

<sql>
  <stmt>insert into mytable values ('a', 'b', 'c')</stmt>
</sql>

...and then just write a simple java program to actually execute the
stuff.  Does this sound sensible?

Cheers,
Andy