xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Michael Glavassevich <mrgla...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Entity resolving problem in Docbook
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:57:21 GMT

Hi Mohammed,

You haven't said much about your actual code but I'm guessing you're
setting a URIResolver (which happens to also implement EntityResolver) on
the TransformerFactory and expecting that it's just magically going to be
set on parser instances. I don't believe Xalan does that. Should probably
be doing it explicitly anyway by providing a SAXSource to the
TransformerFactory with the EntityResolver already set on the XMLReader.

As for your issues with using the EntityResolver, please note that "if the
system identifier is a URL, the SAX parser must resolve it fully before
reporting it to the application" [1]. So an absolute URL will always be
reported to the resolveEntity() method.

Thanks.

[1]
http://xerces.apache.org/xerces2-j/javadocs/api/org/xml/sax/EntityResolver.html#resolveEntity(java.lang.String,%20java.lang.String)