xml-xalan-j-users mailing list archives

From Richard Jones <richard.d.jo...@hp.com>
Subject newTransformer returns null
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:54:08 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm having a problem with the following code:

Reader reader = new
FileReader("/home/richard/workspace/dspace-trunk/foresite/src/main/resources/rdfxml2rdfa.xsl");
StreamSource xslt = new StreamSource(reader);
Transformer transformer = tFactory.newTransformer(xslt);

and am finding that "transformer" is null.  This is confusing, as the
javadocs are explicit on the subject:

      newTransformer

public abstract Transformer <http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/javax/xml/transform/Transformer.html>
*newTransformer*(Source <http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/javax/xml/transform/Source.html>
source)
                                    throws TransformerConfigurationException <http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/apidocs/javax/xml/transform/TransformerConfigurationException.html>

    *Returns:*
        A |Transformer| object that may be used to perform a
        transformation in a single |Thread|, never |null|.

Am I missing something, or is this a bug?  What problems with my code
might be able to generate this null?  The specified file does exist, and
as far as I can tell everything up to the last line is working fine.

I'm at a bit of a loss to know where to go next with this, so any help
gratefully appreciated,

Cheers,

Richard